Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The First Week of the Semester

Alright!! so its been a while I know. I've been stupid busy this past week, but today is my designated lazy day so I'm going to blog a bit!! Well maybe a lot! WARNING: THIS IS LONG!!

Last week was a bit nuts. Monday- Run 5km before class. I'm getting my 5km in every day!! Then my first class... Professional Nursing Theory from 12-2(in my opinion the dumbest class I'll ever take!!) Then i work at Sephora from 5-10. thank heavens Monday nights are quite. Tuesday i went to Institute from 9-10 with my fabulous roommate Saren. We were the only two in the class!! Brother Mandin is awesome and i love it!! It feels a bit like seminary but it defiantly starts off my longest day right. Then Pathophysiology from 10-12 and Pharmocology from 1-4. They are both really interesting classes, but it sucks that they are in the same room!! Tuesday nights i work at Sephora from 5-10!! A very long day! I also run...usually after work which i really don't like. I'm going to try and run before institute, but we'll see how that goes.Wednesday i have class from 10-2 and then the afternoon is quite. I planned on studying but ended up cleaning my room because Natalie Craig had temporarily moved in while she found a more permanent place to sleep. Then i went down to the south and did a 5km with Rach. It rocked!! We ran a wicked hill and it was awesome!! Thursday was my first day in the hospital for school. I'm on unit 32 at the Foothills on the evening shifts from 3-11pm. Its a general medical unit. The first day was busy because we were buddy shadowing a nurse! I didn't get my run in as i spent all morning getting my passwords figured out for the hospital computer system! What a nightmare!!! Friday I'm doing more patient research because today i have my first really patient!!! It was a pretty quite night on the until. Saturday morning i was up bright and early....to start my first day as a Nursing Attendant on Unit 101 at the Foothills! It was a really really busy day shift! I've never given so many bad baths in all my life!! Wow....thats pretty much all we did. I was shadowing again with this awesome nursing student form U of C named John. He's cool!! Saturday night was a long one. Rachel and i did a super quick photo shoot (pics below!!) and then we went out for dinner with a bunch of friends from high school! It had been a long time since we'd seen each other so it was really good to get together!!! my really good friends Zach Campbell and Sarah Widdup got engaged on Thursday so a big shout out of congrats to them!!! Yay for people getting married!! Then we went out to a house party that was pretty sweet..until Rachel decided to get her car stuck in a ditch!! Lucky for us there were several able bodied men at the party who pushed us out!! way to go rach!! Sunday was quiet..church and then dinner at my aunt Lisa's!! She's such an amazing aunt!!!

The only thing that keeps me sane is my BFF Rachel. She is my alarm clock in the morning, my motivation to run, my inspiration, my trainer, my distractor, she encourages me, she stops me from eating JBC's when i know i shouldn't but am too weak to resist on my own. Rachel is strong and kind, she is loving and generous with her affection. She has her struggles like everyone else, but she owns up to them and i know she'll make it through no matter what! She is brave and courageous. She doesn't pretend about anything. She makes me feel beautiful, and she lets me know that I'm not the only one who thinks that taking photos of themselves is fun!! I love her with all my heart. I would probably have crawled into a cave and died a few months ago if she hadn't been here for me! I couldn't have made it through the past 8 months without her love and support! She's funny and makes me laugh all the time!! She knows me so well and isn't afraid to say things that i might not want to hear. she puts up with all my shit and keeps coming back for more!! She runs 32 km's on her Saturday mornings while I'm either at work or in bed!!! She's my rockstar, my dancing buddy, my late night phone call person, my umm does this dress make me look fat ( and be honest) person. she's basically my best friend and i don't know what I'm going to do when she runs away to Dublin to run this marathon of hers!! Rach- i want you to know I'm so proud of you! you are an inspiration to me. you're honest and strong, beautiful and cheeky!! I love you!!!
Ok so I'll stop talking now and let you look at some photos that rach took of me!!



































Lets just say i love it all!! I'll be crazy busy this weekend, but I'll hopefully get a chance to be back soon!! xxx NAt

No comments: