Monday, September 1, 2008

Run 5km-$40, Bike 15km-$8, one day of hard core excersice....PRICELESS

So today was a FANTASTIC day!! Even though I hadn't planned on it, I ran the Sheep River Road Race today in Okotoks with Rachel and her family! It was SO good!! I ran my in my first race, the 5km in 38 mins and 42 seconds. I placed 140th over all in the race and i was 50/60 in my age category which was 20-29. It isn't amazing, but its a good place to start, i wasn't last!! Rachel ran her 10km race in 48:20 which is AMAZING!! Rach I'm SO proud of you! Then we moved my new couches to my house which was a work out in and of itself! Then just to be hardcore we went to the YMCA and biked 15km in just over 30 mins. I took my first cocktail of Ephedrine, caffeine and Advil and it totally gave me a buzz, but it also made me feel totally sick!! It was awesome! I don't know if I'll do it again, but i made it through the day. Rach has some pictures from the race that I'm sure she'll have up soon. All in all it was a really good day!!

1 comment:

Rach and Tay Campbell said...

YES! I love you Natty. we rocked that race. and I love your blog. i'll get the pictures up tonight after i quit bieng hardcore...haha I LOVE YOU! and im so glad I have you xx